Skip to main content

Vote!





Californians!



This is the day. This is the day you decide to stop an out of control state government.



Californians!



This is the day. This is the day to send a decisive message to the thieves who have esconced themselves in state government.



Californians!



This is the day. This is the day to end the Time of Gray. Our state once stood proudly at the forefront of damn near everything. You name it, California led it. The one statistic that is always most staggering is the size of our economy: 5th or 6th (depending on who is doing the counting) largest in the world. Most nations envy us our prosperity.



But we are dying. This state is shriveling. Florida, in 2000, tried desperately to take our title of Looniest Looney Bin in the US of A, but we are staunchly hanging onto that title. If after all this effort we allow The Big D to remain in the Statehouse, we will have nailed that looney crown permanently to our collective head.



Californians!



When you journey outside our fair state you see a different world. Shocking as it may seem, not everyone thinks the same as the LA Times or SF Chronicle proclaim. It is amazing.



Believe it or not, other states have interstate highway systems that are -- brace yourself -- clean! The roads are in good repair. Lord help us, even the buses run on time! There was a time, honest, I remember it, when the same could be said here.



I am a native of California. I was born and raised in San Francisco. My parents were straight-ticket Democrats. That party has betrayed the trust my parents placed with it and sullied its own history, as well as destroyed this state.



Stop them.



This is not a right-wing coup. This is the same anger that led to the passage of Prop 13. And that was a blow that the state legislature will never forgive us for. So, it is time to strike again, to hit them hard, to rock the very foundations of the California State Legislature and the entire sick, twisted crowd.



Californians!



This is the day! This is history. Rise. VOTE! Vote to continue the insanity, or cast a vote in an attempt to stop it. The slide has begun but does not have to continue.



One guess how I intend to vote. How you vote is between you and your conscience or your god or your goddess or your animal spirit...whatever, we have them all here and that is our glory. Bear in mind a simple statistical fact: If you total up the support for Arnie with the support for McClintock you get something like 60%.



And they say we're a Democrat looney bin! Ha!



Californians!



Rise, to your polling place. You're not as stupid as the ACLU and NAACP made you out to be. You can actually find it and you can damnwell use the same stupid voting machines you used not 11 months ago! (And thank god for them, because I know all too well how persistent computer hackers are.)



Rise, vote! Vote your conscience and let the strongest voice take the day. Personally, if Gray wins the day, I'm out of here in two years or so (wanna finish law school). Because then that strong voice will be crying, "No, we like government telling us what brand and how sheets of toilet paper to use. Oh, and how often we should go so we don't overload Mother Earth."



And that's not the state (or nation) I grew up in.



VOTE! This is the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have I mentioned I saw Monsters vs. Aliens?

It’s possible that Pixar is becoming a blight on the world of animation. Yes, they do some really great work ( The Incredibles , Ratatouille ), but they’ve also done some clunkers ( Cars , Wall-E ). Their greatest sin, though, is that they apparently radiate a variation of the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field, so that any other animated film – especially if done with CG – is automatically judged inferior. There is some justification to this, but you don’t see every live action film being compared to, say, the films of Ingmar Bergman (well, except by brooding people wearing dark glasses sitting in dim coffee shops smoking clove cigarettes discussing cinema, damn you ). In the traditional film world, it’s accepted that different artists turn out different products. In the animated world, everyone is supposed to match or surpass Pixar, or so it seems. Needless to say, that’s just a crock. Monsters vs Aliens is to your typical Pixar production as Spielberg is to Scorsese. And I h...

Rogan

The entire Joe Rogan controversy is an example of the kids being left in charge and the adults refusing to teach them any better. I’m not a regular consumer of podcasts. There are a couple I listen to from time to time, but nothing on a regular basis. While I’ve caught a few minutes of the Joe Rogan Experience on YouTube, I’ve never listened to his podcast. One of the primary reasons for that is that you have to subscribe to Spotify to do so, and I prefer Qobuz, Tidal, or even Amazon Music. Rogan is behind Spotify’s paywall and that’s that. But the nature of the fight is about more than who does or does not listen to Rogan. This fight goes to the very nature of the First Amendment and the fundamental concept of the United States. And yes, I understand that cuts both ways. What’s his name and Joni Mitchell are free to yank their creations from Spotify, no ifs, ands, or buts. I’m not denying their right, I’m questioning their reasons. Rogan talks to people. He does so largely unfiltered....

Dune Part 2 (2024)

I have come not to praise Dune but to bury it. I am in a distinct minority. So be it. To explain why, there will be some minor spoilers ahead; sorry. The short version is #NotMyDune. Summary: Picking up where Dune Part 1 left off, we find the young Paul Atreides (Timothée Chalamet) hanging out with the Fremen. Plots to overthrow rival houses and empires ensue. Go here to see what I thought about Dune Part 1 (2021) . Overall, I found it to be technically brilliant, but lacking a human heart, an exercise in frenetic slow motion. D2 is more of the same, though with far more action. Acting-wise, everyone is doing a fine, more than adequate job. Absolutely no one or nothing stands out. The way the characters are written (adapted, actually), their back and forths and interactions, are all weak and unengaging. I generally hate when they speak. I've read the novel a ridiculous number of times, and these films are prompting me to read it again. I understand that trying to translate the n...